Re: Set BP immediately

>> I'm trying to debug an embedded PPC board with gdb, that's why I'm
>> writing a stub. When I set a breakpoint in gdb (b file:nr), gdb just records
>> this internally and doesn't do anything with the target. Only upon step
>> or cont it will set the breakpoint in the hardware. But we need the
>> possibility to immediately set any breakpoint, even if it's for another
>> not-halted thread. Is this possible with some gdb commands (like
>> set PC) or would I need to change the code (break flush :) .. ok, better
>> name it break apply... or set break apply 1) ?
>
>You could use a "monitor" command (abbrev. "mo") with an argument list any
>kind you wish for that purpose I think.

That's really useful to know. Funny that I couldn't find anything in the whole
gdb manual about it (from 20040728). Is this also in the MI? I couldn't find
a single hint.

>You can see also a spec. for mine arm7tdmi jtag debugger which is available
>here: http://www.sysmikro.com.pl/pliki/jtag-adapterII_um.pdf

Nice document, seems like you're already on it for some time :) At the
moment we create a "normal" debugger, but eventually a jtag debugger
could also be made. I'll sure read this, thanks for the link.

bye  Fabi