RE: shared library support hookin the remote.c

  I think that's exactly what happens when the inferior hits a breakpoint,
isn't it?  Gdb can't know that it's about to do that, so the stub is sending
a spontaneous (in the sense of not reqested by gdb) status or expedited
response packet.

  It occurs to me that "Send a gratuitious expedited response" might perhaps
the answer to that guy's question who wanted to invalidate gdb's cached
state.  Assuming he's only after invalidating the regcache, that is.

    cheers,
      DaveK