Re: How does GDB/MI give the current frame

>  > Nic, are you using the -var-obj for variables, in theory they
>  > have the context i.e. should be thread aware ?
>
> Ah yes, I can see that now. It seems a bit quirky and that you have to
> do a -var-update for each thread. Also there's no way of seeing which
> thread the variable object is for:
>
> -var-info-expression var1
> ^done,lang="C",exp="y"
> (gdb)
> -var-info-expression var2
> ^done,lang="C",exp="y"
> (gdb)

Interesting idea.  For now, we(the front-end) send
 -var-update varxxx
when a new thread is selected. (Can not use -var-update "*", for
some reasone it gets all strange/bizarre if varobj are created for registers too).

Curious, what do you want to accomplish with this, or rather how do
you intend to use it in you emacs port ?