Zombie problem.

I am using GDB On sles 9 (uses NPTL) PowerPC 64bit, when I try to debug a
multithreaded program and I see some threads marked zombie.

Starting program: /tmp/xx_tbug64
[New Thread 549757818752 (LWP 28542)]
tf(0): begin
tf(0): end
[New Thread 549762013376 (zombie)]
tf(1): begin
tf(1): end
[New Thread 549766211776 (zombie)]
after create
after join

Program exited normally.
(gdb) quit

Can someone please give me any clue as to where I should start debugging
this problem? or is there a patch available for this problem?

Thanks
Manoj Iyer