Re: new board

At Fri, 23 Apr 2004 12:42:44 +0000 (UTC), "Stefano Martini" wrote:
> I'm writing programs for a specific mips board.
> I need to edit the gdb (sim) source files to add this
> board.
>
> Is there any document about this topic?

Not really.

> I think I have to specify the memory regions for the board.
> Which is the right way to do this?

See interp.c.

But, my personal favorite method -- not currently supported in
unmodified sources, I don't think 8-) -- is to have a "no board"
option, and specify all of the devices (hardware files, memory
regions, etc.) from the command line.

Given that there can be ... dozens of possible board configurations
that one might want to model, stuffing them into C code in the
simultor is not particularly desirable in my opinion.

cgd