Re: Retire the MPW support from toplevel and binutils

On Mar 24, 2004, at 5:45 PM, Stan Shebs wrote:

I'm going to save everybody some disk space and remove the support bits
from the rest of src/, starting with this patch to the top level,
preapproved by DJ.

I'm sure you already knew this, but you'll need to update the cvs modules for the repository at the same time you're doing this - these files are explicitly named in there:

src-support -a src/.cvsignore src/COPYING src/COPYING.LIB src/COPYING.NEWLIB
src/COPYING.LIBGLOSS src/ChangeLog src/MAINTAINERS
src/Makefile.def src/Makefile.in src/Makefile.tpl src/README
src/README-maintainer-mode src/config src/config-ml.in
src/config.guess src/config.if src/config.sub src/configure
src/configure.in src/contrib src/etc src/gettext.m4 src/install-sh
src/libtool.m4 src/ltcf-c.sh src/ltcf-cxx.sh src/ltcf-gcj.sh
src/ltconfig src/ltmain.sh src/makefile.vms src/missing src/mkdep
src/mkinstalldirs src/move-if-change src/mpw-README
src/mpw-build.in src/mpw-config.in src/mpw-configure
src/mpw-install src/setup.com src/src-release src/symlink-tree
src/ylwrap

This means that someone checking out an old gdb/binutils release will not get exactly the right set of sources (namely, the checkout won't include the top-level mpw files). I shed a very small tear.