generating a core file

This is quite off-topic, but are there any programs out there that can
generate a core file from a stopped process, and write that core file
to a pipe or send it over the network somehow?  We're having issues
debugging seg faults on machines without local disks, and for various
reasons we'd rather not remotely mount disks on these machines,
either.

David Carlton
carlton@kealia.com