Debugging a gdb source

Hi ,

I am trying to debug gdb source on Linux using already installed
dedugger ddd or gdb.
The source code text does not seem to be in sync with the
execution when we do step. How do I get it in sync, please
let me know. The -g option seems to be set in the Makefile.
Please let me know.

Thanks and Regards
Deepak