Re: gdbserver coredumps,what is the *right* libthread_db.sofor gdbserver on a given platform?

Hi again, more informatoin....

>>> Daniel Jacobowitz <drow@mvista.com> 01/23/04 02:50PM >>>
> If it's still segfaulting you've found a new or unique problem.
You'll
> have to figure out what gdbserver is doing :)

ok, so here's a slight improvement, but still weird...hope that it
might jog your brain....

if i take my libpthread-0.9.so and copy it to libpthread-0.9.so.db and
then *strip* libpthread-0.9.so i can run  'share' successfully, ie not
crash gdbserver.

that's good.

of course, this means that i have no symbols for libpthread-0.9.so.

But, better yet. i can do an add-symbol-file on the
libpthread-0.9.so.db and *not* crash gdbserver and get symbols for
libpthread-0.9.so!!

But, the bad news is that i then get a noncrashing error from gdbserver
when i do this:

gdb: Unable to set global thread event mask: generic error

then, if i step thru my sample thread app i suddenly get an apparent
infinite loop of something..i think, because i get a SIGSEV.

when i do a bt it
shows that i am in longjmp:
#0 0x4001a3c2 in longjmp
#1 0xffffffff in ?? ()
<...>
#4345 0xffffffff in ?? ()
#4346 0xffffffff in ?? ()
#4347 0xffffffff in ?? ()
<...> and on and on until i reboot the target...

does this collection of facts provide any additional insight?

failing that, how do i debug gdsbserver?

tnx!

johnu