Re: [Fwd: Re: c++/1512: no canonical way to output names of C++ types]

Possibly. We search for the canonical form in the symbol table, which means we need to canonicalize before adding them to the (partial, full, maybe minimal also) symbol table. The trick will be delaying the add-to-symbol-table until the symbol is needed, using a clever trick suggested by Ian - keeping a list of pending symbols by basename, basically.

Is there a pointer to this thread?

Andrew