Re: Query: gdb for target TX19

Thus spake Monika Chaddha

> Hi Ian
>
> Thanks for the information. Actually I need gdb for TX19 because I want
> to add architecture which matches to TX39 and TX19.My architecture is
> also based on R3000A as TX39 and TX19 but there are some differences
> also as following:-
>
> 1. TX39 and TX19 have 32 general purpose registers but mine has 8 shadow
> sets where each shadow set has 32 registers.
> 2. Exception handling is different in my architecture.
> 3. My architecture supports 32-bit instructions of TX39 as well as
> 16-bit instructions .
>
> Now the following questions are arising in my mind:-
>
> 1. Can I use R3900 for my architecture because my architecture is also
> based on R3000A or R3900 is only for TX39 family?

It depends on whether the bfd for r3900 supports all that you mention
above. If not then the first set of changes have to happen in the bfd.

> 2. Which files are responsible for register specification?

look at the regformats directory in gdb.

> 3. Which are the main files for target specification in gdb? I mean
> where I should change to add my target.

more comprehensive info in the gdb manual regarding this. Atleast gives a
decent introductory perspective to things. but to summarize .
essentially <arch>-tdep.c / <arch>-tdep.h . : general target stuff

arch-<os>-tdep.c

> If u can give any information in this regard, I'll be really thankful to
> u.
>
> Monika

----
Ramana Radhakrishnan