Re: "break main; run" test

doco> Pick a popular machine (Solaris/PPC?) and try the build on that.

BTW, on an unrelated minor point, I think it's GNU policy to use Free
Software whenever it's available.  So the example should be Linux or
FreeBSD or Hurd, not Solaris.

But Hurd will ship before we pick all the Solaris examples out. :)

I challenge you to find a Solaris/PPC machine, yet alone one that GDB works on :-)

Andrew