Re: [commit] Deprecate remaining STREQ uses

eli> For startesr, please define the ``long time'' after which it is okay,
eli> in your opinion, to deprecate a platform.
mec> Three minor releases.
ac> That would be ~18 months which is significantly longer than the current
ac> process.  But then again, the current process starts several (like 10)
ac> years later than I suspect is being suggested here.

I mean to say: if there have been no test results submitted for a
platform for gdb 5.2.1, gdb 5.3, or gdb 6.0, then I want to *start* the
deprecation process for that platform.  So my vision is not longer than
the current process, because it's a way of entering the current process.

ac> We're caught between a rock and a hard place.

I wanna do about 10 times as much QA as we are doing.  I can probably
ramp up to about 4 times as much next year as I did this year
(HP test drive actually works pretty well for me).

Michael C