Breakpoints, when can they be set?

Hello!

I have a quick question about breakpoints and when thay can be set.

I have a large program that I want to set a break point in. I want to
set the break point before I start my program with 'run' and have it
execute until it reaches the breakpoint. The breakpoint is located in
a source file wich won't be entered for a while after the program is
started. I have tried to do this by saying something like:

b Foo.cpp:xx

and the response I get is always: 'No source file named OfAKindFirst.cpp.'

I have tried doing the same preceded by 'dir the_path_to_foo' or 'cd
the_path_to_foo', but neither of these to work.

Can someone tell me why this doesn't work please.

Regrads,
Mattias