Re: A target has-a 1:N threads?

Sure --- every thread should know how to read and write its registers,
so it needs to know which target to use for that.

I'm more concerned about the symbol table's ability to support
multiple processes, the solib list handling, and so on.  There needs
to be a data structure that represents an address space, with which we
can associate the addr->block, addr->line, and addr->symbol mappings,
the solib lists, and so on.

Fortunatly, the change of making the 0:N target has-a thread relationship explicit isn't directly dependant on other changes. That lets me delay worrying about your problem until a later date (and perhaphs by then you will have worred it into a solution :-)

enjoy,
Andrew