Re: Apple and gcc 2?

Mark> I sincerely hope that by "dropping GCC 2 support" you don't mean that
Mark> we actively start removing code to support GCC 2.

Oh, no, no, I am a long long ways from that.

  start:

    while (true)
    {
      document known usage of gcc 2;
      if (known usage < epsilon)
	break;
      sleep (3-6 months);  // I am here
    }

    while (true)
    {
      publish loud announcements;
      if (user feedback > epsilon)
	goto start;
      sleep (4-8 weeks);
    }

    remove gcc 2 from my test bed;
    wait for next gcc release;
    start marking code obsolete;

Of course that's just my personal algorithm, not gdb policy.

In fact, if anyone else asks about gcc 2, we can point to my survey
and all the platforms that still use gcc 2 as their primary gcc or
as a still-supported gcc.

Michael C