Re: More debug info test directories?

On Tue, Aug 19, 2003 at 09:24:27AM -0400, Andrew Cagney wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The gdb.stabs directory, while weird :-^, is probably a good unit test.
>  What do people think of additional debug info directories vis:
>
> gdb.dw2
> gdb.dw1
>
> (I'm desperate for better names :-) that contain files of raw debug
> info.  It would let people test the various readers without needing a
> corresponding compiler.
>
> thoughts?

Absolutely a good idea.  What do you think about letting these use the
.inc files in gdb.asm?  Writing raw dwarf2 could require arch hooks,
unless you want to point all offsets at constant addresses instead of
at a variable's actual location.  For instance some architectures need
to use .word vs .quad.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz