Re: FYI: A new C++ demangler

On Thu, Jul 10, 2003 at 07:39:53AM -0700, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
> "H. J. Lu" <hjl@lucon.org> writes:
>
> > I will put a new C++ demangler in Linux binutils, which should fix all
> > known bugs in the old demangler. It is written in C++. It will be
> > enabled only if there is a working C++ compiler. Otherwise, the old
> > demangler will be used.
>
> Are you coordinating with the g++ developers?

I guess you didn't follow the gcc mailing list very much. The short
story is I can't get it into libiberty. I tried several months without
much success. Libiberty doesn't want a C++ demangler written in C++
and I have no interest in fixing the old one.

BTW, the new C++ demangler is 100% compatible with the old one. I have
been using it for months.

H.J.