Re: Why does solib_open do what it does?

Kris Warkentin wrote:
>msnyder:
Kris Warkentin wrote:

I rather think that $PATH and $LD_LIBRARY_PATH should be native-only.
But come to think of it, do remote targets even have environment
variables?

And if so -- do they inherit them from gdb / the host?  If there's a
gdbserver-type situation, and if the server is able to provide the true
environment variables from the target, then yes, we should use these.
But I don't recall any gdbserver ever offering that functionality.

Our pdebug remote protocol allows us to 'set qnxinheritenv true/false'. This determines whether gdb will send it's environment to the target or whether the target will inherit from the pdebug server.

Cool, and I presume you can then read them back. In that case, (assuming the child inherits from the target side server), wouldn't you want LD_LIBRARY_PATH to be searched? If the linker-loader picks up libc from one place, but gdb picks it up from someplace else, you're hosed.