Re: ui-out question

> > I'm thinking that the from_tty might be useful for functions that want
> > silently call other functions regardless of the overall setting.
Something
> > like ui_out_push_output_state(0), ui_out_pop_output_state() would work
for
> > temporarily shutting down output in this case which I believe is
somewhat
> > rare.
>
> It could.  Do you have more details of the problem at hand.

It's not that big of a problem but it's inconvenient.  I'm monkeying around
with our target_create_inferior hook so that it will load a different
executable (set by the user) when the run command is issued.  I'd like to
report that to the user along the lines of:

Starting program: /cygdrive/k/test/float.x86
Remote: /home/kewarken/61/test/float.x86

The only problem is that targ_create_inf doesn't take a from_tty argument so
my only option is just to print it blindly.  I thought it would be nice if
the ui_out functions would automatically censor themselves if need be.

cheers,

Kris