Re: breakpoints in constructors

>>>>> "Michael" == Michael Eager <eager@eagercon.com> writes:

 Michael> I think that you can generate a jump rather than a call, so
 Michael> there is no extraneous call frame on the stack.  (I think
 Michael> that's what the Apple patch does, actually.)

You can jump in the same cases where you can use multiple entry
points: function A does some stuff and then finishes by doing what B
does.  But if function A starts with what B does and then does
something else (e.g., the deleting constructor) then you can't jump.

Actually, if you pretend it's all calls, the optimizer will already
turn some of them into jumps ("tail call") automagically.

     paul