Re: long long considered harmful?

> I thought snow was one of Canada's two main exports?

Yeah, but in April?  Ick.

> More seriously, a things-to-do-today item is to add to gdb (well
> immediatly remote.c) code that reads in a regformats file, and then uses
> that to unpack a raw target byte-ordered (or network ordered?) buffer.
>
> Kris, that problem sounds very similar to what you're doing here.

It is.  We already handle it fairly well in our pdebug protocol but I think
what you're talking about would be very handy.  We used to monkey around
with the data a lot more than I do now since gdb is pretty good at knowing
what the target is and dealing with the registers.  I think the place where
it would be really useful for us is in marshalling and unmarshalling our
pdebug stuff.  We could probably simplify a lot and remove some assumptions.

cheers,

Kris