Re: How to build application to run under the ppc simulator?

>> and it bombs with:
>>
>> >Program terminated with signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
>> >The program no longer exists.
>> >[Switching to process 0]
>> >(gdb)
>
>This is quite normal, because your program is executed correctly and
>executes an 'blr' instruction at the end of the main routine. This makes the
>simulated CPU jump to what's currently in the link register, which can be
>anything. There it will do crazy things untill it finally segfaults :)
>
>If in doubt, just 'stepi' the program, watching the assembly be executed.

I can't stepi from the start, I have to run it.  How(actually,
*where*) can I set a breakpoint at the *first* instruction so I can
*then* stepi?

--
Peter Barada                                   Peter dot Barada at motorola dot com
Wizard                                         781-852-2768 (direct)