Re: Porting advice

Corey Minyard wrote:
You would save yourself a lot of work if you went to Google and type "TI DSP gdb".

> It gives the following web site: http://www.elec.canterbury.ac.nz/c4x/

Thanks.

I am well aware of this page. In fact, all tic4x work is originating from that page/author. I am cooperating with Michael Hayes (the author) on this, and therefore I have become the binutils maintainer for the tic4x port; which mostly was based on his patches. What's found on this website is old and outdated.

Now, its time for me to look at gdb for this target. I have a tic4x patch for gdb from Michael. An old semi-working one, but I have one. My job now would be to adopt this patch to gdb HEAD (including things like multiarch and such). -- And eventually I intend to maintain the gdb port together with binutils.

So here I am, needing to understand gdb. Thus all the questions....

Svein