Re: variable objects (was: [rfc] Annotation level THREE)

On Sun, Mar 30, 2003 at 10:11:35AM -0500, Andrew Cagney wrote:

> > This is only a problem when trying to control GDB using both CLI and MI
> > commands which is what we would like to do in Emacs. Do Apple (Project
> > Builder?) or Eclipse have a console where CLI commands can be entered?
>
> I suspect no one noticed because, up until now, things like Insight were
> using varobj to do updates (it is more robust than the `set' command).

I just gave it a spin - the Apple GDB doesn't catch this case
either.  It's a bug, but not one that has been reported by any of
our users if I remember correctly.  Project Builder does have a
Console window where people can type all sorts of gdb commands,
but they'd be most naturally inclined to change a local variable
in the Locals window, I suspect, not the console.  (PB itself
uses var-assign to update varobjs, of course.)