Re: problems with GDB on Debian 3.0 for mips

On Fri, Mar 28, 2003 at 10:19:27AM -0800, Chris Plummer wrote:
> I have an application I build that I can't debug with gdb on Debain 3.0
> for mips (on both an SGI Indy and a Cobalt Qube 2). I've sucessfully run
> gdb on other large applications like xemacs. Also, if use -static when
> linking my app, there is no problem. This same problem can be reproduced
> debugging "ls". The log output is below.

This is a bug in the glibc headers used to build GDB.  It should be
fixed in glibc CVS and in Debian unstable.

If you want, you can fix your headers and rebuild gdb.  If I remember
correctly you need to change two lines in sys/procfs.h to say:
typedef elf_gregset_t prgregset_t;
typedef elf_fpregset_t prfpregset_t;

--
Daniel Jacobowitz