Re: frame->unwind->this_base()

On Tue, Mar 18, 2003 at 12:01:58PM -0500, Andrew Cagney wrote:

> >>don't >have DWARF-2

> >>frames, it would return an attempt at an equivalent value.  Hopefully it
> >>wouldn't be called for other frame types :-).
> >

> >OK.  I'll make the assumption that the DW_AT_frame_base and the CFA in
> >the dwarf2 unwind information (if both present) will agree.
>
> That would be a very bad assumption.  They are pratically guarenteed to
> be different.

Then what do you mean by a "dwarf2 frame"?  I'd assume you meant the
CFA, but it sounds like you mean a frame for which we have dwarf2
.debug_info.

Checking, I do see that they're different... Hum.  We need both
concepts obviously, and I need to reread this dwarf3 draft on my desk.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz