Re: GCC, stabs, mangled names

On Tue, 11 Mar 2003 00:07:08 -0600, Michael Elizabeth Chastain <mec at shout dot net> said:

> My opinion: gdb's goal should be that we have no regressions in stabs+
> support, so that everything that worked in 5.3 continues to work in
> 5.4/6.0.  It's important that *almost every* user of gdb 5.3 has a good
> experience if they upgrade, so that we don't get users that are stuck
> on old versions of gdb.  After that, though, fixing existing stabs+
> bugs is low priority to me.

I think that's reasonable enough, and I'm even willing to expend some
effort to make add new features to stabs as well as DWARF when it's
not too hard.  Unfortunately, this particular situation runs into
problems on the GCC end of things; the added amount of effort to get
all _that_ resolved isn't something that thrills me too much.

David Carlton
carlton at math dot stanford dot edu