Re: GCC, stabs, mangled names

On Mon, 10 Mar 2003 19:56:56 -0500, Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at mvista dot com> said:

> It's unclear what the right thing to do is.  Stabs is underspecified
> (and underimplemented too).  Someone needs to decide what would be
> useful.

I compared this with 2.95.3, and it seems that GCC switched from only
using mangled names to only using demangled names.  If we can't have
both, it seems to me that only having mangled names is more useful.

Did anybody from the GDB side ask them to switch the output that they
produced?  If so, what was the rationale?

David Carlton
carlton at math dot stanford dot edu