Re: 8-byte register values on a 32-bit machine

I think we've lost the stabs battle. So I started to look into the
DWARF2 format, but could not find anything that helps. Does anybody know
if this format supports this sort of situation?

Dwarf2 has the idea of a location expression. It lets GCC specify something like:

Reg %eax piece 4, Reg %ecx, piece 4

This is what is behind the dwarf2expr* et.al. changes. I'd download a copy of the dwarf2 spec (see .../gdb/links/ but note that, right now the m/c might be down - I got an e-mail last night indicating a temp outage).

Andrew