Re: [maint] The GDB maintenance process

How is the 6 months inactivity period going to help? None of the
current gdb maintainers perticipating in this discussion has ever
disappeared for that long, really.  If some person has disappeared
from radar, like relocated, changed e-mail, etc, the person has been
removed from the list. I can think of one such case.

There was one such case. There have also been two dummy spits; and, after lobying, a number of people `stepping down'.

One thing I've noticed is that people struggle to appreciate the difference between `no maintainer' and `inactive maintainer'. There is a definite resistance to `letting go'.

Andrew