Re: [maint] The GDB maintenance process

On Wed, Feb 19, 2003 at 02:01:14PM -0500, Andrew Cagney wrote:
>Red Hat makes sourceware available as a public service.  It funds it
>rather than owns it.  The machine is adminstered by a group of overseers
>(chrisf and jasonm are two).

Minor correction - RH owns the physical sources.redhat.com system.
It pays for the network bandwidth, electricity, and the necessary
network IS resources.  The time spent actually administering the
box (almost entirely Chris Faylor these days) is outside the scope
of cgf's Day Job, so most administration is on a volunteer basis.

On Wed, Feb 19, 2003 at 03:39:50PM -0500, Christopher Faylor wrote:

> I know that Jason likes svn but I haven't used it.  I'm not sure that it
> would be easy to convince me to spend any time trying to convert
> everything to a new source control system.  CVS is nice because it lives
> everywhere and is a known commodity.

I don't think I saw anyone suggesting alternative SCMs... cagney
wrote "sware, subversion, sourceforge", but he probably meant
to write "subversions", as in "subversions.gnu.org".

(svn is really interesting, and I expect I'll be playing with it
more this year, but it'll be a while before anyone wants to switch
their project to using it.  If nothing else, each developer in that
project has to install/set up svn before they can access the
repository.)

Jason