Re: "extended-remote" [Was: reset command for GDB]

Isn't it time to make "remote" and alias of "extended-remote" (mark that as deprecated) and make the current old "remote" as "legacy-remote"?
remote.c needs to be modified so that it probes (!) for extended support. last time I tried it, I went down a rat hole and ended up fixing something else (adding a context to the cli commands?).

http://sources.redhat.com/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view%20audit-trail&database=gdb&pr=97

Regards,
Fernando

Andrew Cagney wrote:>> Hi all,

I am using GDB to remotely debug on a board that runs an ARM processor.  Everything seems to be working for now but I don't know how to reset the board and halt it at the beginning of the program where I want it to be?  Is there a way to reset the board and let it halt at the beginning of the program?  I was thinking "run" might do it but then I found out that it only works on non-remote debug program.

Thx a lot for your help.

Play with `target extended-remote'.

Andrew

--