Re: how canonical are template names?

On Fri, 10 Jan 2003 16:55:13 -0500, Daniel Jacobowitz <drow@mvista.com> said:
> On Fri, Jan 10, 2003 at 01:42:07PM -0800, David Carlton wrote:

>> Any opinions as to which of these should be considered serious, if
>> any?  I'm leaning towards not worrying about any of them, but
>> filing a low-priority PR about it just to get it into the database.
>> (The main reason for the latter is because it would be nice if
>> input were a bit more flexible; I don't care so much about
>> variations in GDB's output.)

> I put a generally low priority on template debugging right now, so I'm
> OK with this.  Somewhere along the line we'll need to do better.

All right, then I won't worry about it too much for now.

Which makes me happy: at least in the DWARF-2 case, I think I'm
finally producing all the symbols I want.  And lookup_symbol (and its
new friend, lookup_symbol_namespace) behave correctly.  And blocks
know about namespace scope.  Probably some other happy things are
happening, too.

So, unless I'm going crazy, the only remaining important item on my To
Do list is the other symbol-accessing functions.  Who knows; maybe
I'll have some RFC's/RFA's for you and Elena by the end of the month.
It would be nice...

David Carlton
carlton@math.stanford.edu