Re: GDB 5.3.1 vs 5.4/6.0

Andrew Cagney asks:
> Still, the question is: should the next release be 5.3.1, or 5.4/6.0?

I prefer 5.4/6.0.  For a given # of developer hours, we can get more
done on a trunk than on a branch + trunk.

My 5.3 versus HEAD comparison tables are pretty healthy.  There are
no C++ regressions versus gdb (gcc is deteriorating but that is a
different story).  All the MI tests changed so I can't compare them
between 5.3 and HEAD, but HEAD doesn't have big screaming blocks
of non-PASSEes in MI.  There are about 5-10 things to look at overall
including the individual MI non-PASSes, which means there are probably
1-2 real bugs.

The bug database is pretty quiet.  There are about 10 bugs filed
against 5.3.  I don't feel like people are screaming at us for a 5.3.1.

Michael C