Re: gnu.gdb.bug

Felix Lee asks about gnu.gdb.bug:

> yeah, so is there any reason for it to stay around?  how
> about just delete it, or delete mentions of it?

If you look carefully, you will notice that the 'gnu.gdb.bug' newsgroup
and 'bug-gdb' mailing list are administered by one entity, whereas
the gdb bug database and the spam-protected 'gdb' mailing list are
actually hosted on the web servers of a different entity.

There is a nontrivial entity-entity relationship and that probably has
a lot to do with the continued existence of the gnu.gdb.bug.

I have been planning to volunteer to moderate gnu.gdb.bug.  It's a
mailman list, and it's easy to set up mailman lists so that all mail
from people not on a whitelist must be approved before distribution.
That kills the spam dead, at the cost of some latency before posts go out.

Michael C