Re: Namespaces with gcc v3 stabs+?

On Thu, Dec 05, 2002 at 06:31:55PM -0600, Michael Elizabeth Chastain wrote:
> Question for Daniel J or David C or Kevin B or anybody who knows
> about v3 and stabs support ...
>
> I'm looking at disimprovements from gcc v2 to gcc v3.  One of the
> issues is that gcc 2.95.3 / stabs+ emits stab information
> for symbols in namespaces, but gcc 3.2.1 / stabs+ emits the stab
> information with the wrong name.

Erk.  Obviously GCC is wrong.  Just the name is not useful.

What do we want it to do, David?  If we're going to get stabs changed
in GCC anyway, we could get explicit namespace markers, and leave the
demangled name in the stabs.  That's parallel to the DWARF-2 approach.

> Kevin B had a similar issue in May 2002:
>
>   http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2002-11/msg01661.html

Wrong URL, that's Daniel in November...

--
Daniel Jacobowitz