Re: Porting GDB - Where to start?

On Mon, Nov 25, 2002 at 10:56:22AM +0100, James Sampson wrote:

Hello

In my GDB journey, I have now found out, that I need to port the GDB to C55x target. A recipe on how to do this, exists only in very light form. The best thing is to edit another port, and since I don't know which port to choose, I ask that exact question here.

Which port would be best to start from, when I'm porting to a C55x target which produces COFF files?.

It's an ELF port, but xstormy16 is still probably your best bet.
Yes.

(GDB ports are object file netural. Handling elf, xcoff, coff, ... is a bfd problem and as long as BFD can handle it, so can GDB. The only potential got-ya is the debug info, use GCC and you should be safe there.)