gdbserver on PowerPC Issues

Hi,

Currently when I try and debug an application via gdbserver running on a
PowerPC target (ep8260 in this case) I get the following:

$ powerpc-linux-gdb
GNU gdb 5.2.1
are
conditions.
details.
This GDB was configured as "--host=i686-linux --target=powerpc-linux".
(gdb) file hello
Reading symbols from hello...done.
(gdb) target remote 192.168.2.84:10002
Remote debugging using 192.168.2.84:10002
0x3000fa8c in ?? ()
warning: Unable to find dynamic linker breakpoint function.
GDB will be unable to debug shared library initializers
and track explicitly loaded dynamic code.
(gdb)

Now, looking through gnats, I see that someone had a similar problem and
this was logged as PR 236 -- to which there doesn't seem to be a fix.

Also looking through google, someone had suggested that this problem
might potentially be caused by having a stripped linker, and the linker
does indeed appear to be unstripped.

Any other suggestions?

Regards,

--