interpreters

Jim,

I am looking at the branch that Keith created for the interpreters
machinery, and trying to help with a breakdown to merge it back.

I have a question about do_one_event and this comment in interps.c:

   2) The event loop insertion is probably wrong.  I just inserted a
   do_one_event alongside gdb's do_one_event.  This probably will lead
   to one or the other event loop getting starved.  It would be better
   to provide conversion functions for the gdb file handlers, and when
   an interpreter starts up, it grabs all the gdb created file handlers
   and inserts them into its select.  This is more complicated, however,
   and I have run out of time for now.

Such do_one_event_proc function just returns 1 in the cli case and
doesn't exist in the mi case. I don't see how this fits in with
start_event_loop.

Do these changes depend on something else that is not in the branch yet?

Thanks
Elena