Re: Apple's Objective-C language patch

On Mon, Sep 09, 2002 at 09:30:42PM -0600, Adam Fedor wrote:

> I got everything, including objc-exp.y from the 'recent' Apple patch. I
> haven't looked at the latest Apple sources - I didn't know if I should
> do that since Andrew Cagney told me to work from the patch, but perhaps
> I misunderstood.

Ah you're right, there was a separate objc-exp.y file last year.
I don't want to complicate your task, but the current sources have
it merged into c-exp.y, and I think that's a better route to take.

I will work on another source drop but I don't know if I'll have free
time to do it before next weekend. :-/

> Thanks for the other comments. I'll have to look at name demangling more
> closely to see what's happening.

Yeah, I wouldn't sweat that point too much - it doesn't hurt to do
checks for mangled objc names, and there may be some people who
want to use objc on Windows and need to mangle the names or something.
I'm sort of hoping someone with more historical knowledge can step up
and say what's the deal with that...