setfault calling functions within gdb

Dear People,

I'm having problems calling functions from within gdb. Can someone tell me
what I am doing wrong? Consider the following innocuous program

#include<vector>
#include <iostream>

using std::vector;
using std::cout;

typedef vector<double> Point;
void print(Point pt);

int main()
{
  Point foo(3,1.0);
  //print(foo);
}

void print(Point pt)
{
  unsigned int i;
  cout << "[";
  for(i=0; i < pt.size(); i++)
    {
      cout << pt[i];
      cout << ",";
    }
  cout << "]";
}

When I set a breakpoint after the definition of foo and call
print(foo) I get a segfault. There appears to be nothing wrong with
this function, since print(foo) when compiled into the function works
as expected. Also, "print foo[0]" works fine. There seem to be two
possibilities; a) I am doing something wrong, b) this is a bug in
gdb. I'm hoping it is the former. I dimly recall calling functions
successfully sometime in the past, but I can't remember whether it was
in C or C++ code.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. This is really frustrating!
Output from gdb follows. I'm using gdb, gcc-3.0 on Debian Sarge. The
respective versions are

ii  gdb                   5.2.cvs20020401-6      The GNU Debugger
ii  g++-3.0               3.0.4-9                The GNU C++ compiler.

I locally compiled the slightly more recent version of gdb from August
which is in unstable, but I get the same behaviour.

                                              Faheem.

(gdb) call print(foo)
[
0x0804a1a4 in print(std::vector<double, std::allocator<double> >)
(pt=0x804f008) at test.cc:22
The program being debugged was signaled while in a function called
from GDB.
GDB remains in the frame where the signal was received.
To change this behavior use "set unwindonsignal on"
Evaluation of the expression containing the function
(print(std::vector<double, std::allocator<double> >)) will be
abandoned.
(gdb)