Re: gdb remote serial protocol

On Wed, Aug 28, 2002 at 03:41:23PM +0200, Daniel Wagner wrote:
> [I'm not on the list, please CC me]
>
> Hi
>
> I have some problems with a recent gdb debugging oskit kernels over a
> serial line. Older gdb like 5.0 run flawlessly.
>
> First, there is a new command 'e' which is not documented (Roland
> McGrath told me that). It would be good to have this command
> documented. Thanks.

The step-over-range command ('e') is disabled again in current GDB.  It
had some design problem, I think.

> Now to the real problem. Here is small gdb session for demonstration:

This is a consequence of adding %orig_eax :(  You have two choices at
the moment: make the stub ignore writes to register 0x29, or build GDB
configured for i386-elf.

Long term we should probably consider the register optional but it's
not clear how close we are to that.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz