Re: Can't build m68k-linux gdb-5.2.1

>> I'm trying to build a gdb for m68k-linux, configured as:
>
>> All the missing references are in gdb/m68klinux-nat.c, so I'd assume
>> this is supposed to be built, but isn't for --target=m68k-linux.  Does
>> anyone have any idea how I can get it to be built?
>
>Looks like for the moment you'll need to use m68k-elf.
>
>The file m68klinux-nat.c should only contain stuff for a native build
>(eg ptrace interface).  The OS dependant, but not specific to native, is
>typically put in a file like m68k-linux-tdep.c.  cf m68knbsd-tdep.c.
>Patches against mainline welcome (do you have an FSF assignment?).

1) I can use m68k-elf for now.
2) I'm still working the legal department to come up with an
   assignment to cover changes for gdb.

>Would you be able to create abug report to track this:
>http://sources.redhat.com/gdb/bugs/

Shold the bug be that m68k-linux should not build on a machine that is
*not* m68k-linux, or that it should build for m68k-linux only if
CC is a cross-compiler?

>> While I'm at it, how do I configure(and build) a gdbserver to run on
>> m68k-linux that's built on an x86-linux machine?
>>
>> All help is appreciated.
>
>You'll need to config/compile it using a cross compiler
>(m68k-linux-gnu-gcc say).

Do you have a configure command line to suggest?

--
Peter Barada                                   Peter.Barada@motorola.com
Wizard                                         781-852-2768 (direct)