Re: An old bug report

On Thu, Aug 15, 2002 at 03:33:34PM -0400, Elena Zannoni wrote:

> Has anything ever happened towards fixing this?
>
> http://sources.redhat.com/ml/gdb/2001-10/msg00157.html
>
> (threads + shlibs + lots and lots of memory reads)

No.  See my (not as tactful as they should have been...) comments to
Mark earlier about GDB's thread support at the moment.  In my opinion,
to make proper progress on this issue, there are two things that need
to happen:
  - A less abstracted threads package, or at least some
efficiency-focused improvements to the one we've got.
  - The ability to indicate to GDB that only one thread is stopped,
so that we can update solib information without stopping all threads
in the first place.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz