Re: gdb retargetting

On Wed, Aug 14, 2002 at 12:11:59PM -0400, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 14, 2002 at 11:05:14AM -0500, Rick Richardson wrote:
> > 2) I grabbed gdb-5.2.1 and merged the gdb directories with my now-modified
> >    binutils tree.  This meant I just copied the gdb, malloc, readline, sim,
> >    and utils directories from the gdb tree to the combined tree.
> >
> > 4) Everything built fine until it got to gdb/gdbserver.  It exploded
> >    compiling utils.c:
> >
> >         In file included from utils.c:22:
> >         server.h:37:25: gdb/signals.h: No such file or directory
>
> The file is there.  It's in gdb-5.2/include/gdb/signals.h in this
> snapshot.  The include directory is shared between the two projects;
> different directories are included in different releases, and if you're
> going to try to combine two releases other than the two current trunk
> snapshots, you're on your own to do the merging.

My bad.  I missed the fact that I needed to merge the include/gdb
directory into the combined tree.  Now I get a clean build.

Thanks for the tip.  I was looking in the wrong directory for
gdb/signals.h.

-Rick

--
Rick Richardson  rickr@mn.rr.com        http://home.mn.rr.com/richardsons/
Stock information at your fingertips:   http://linuxtrade.0catch.com/

The earth has been hotter.  The earth has been colder.  Why do we
think the current temperature of the earth is the "correct" one?