Re: gdb/633: fully qualified pathnames in solib_map_sections() andremote debugging

> I think the search order needs some revision though:
>  - A cross debugger should not search $PATH or $LD_LIBRARY_PATH

I agree with this.

>  - A cross debugger may, or may not, want to look for the unmodified
> path; I suspect that we only want to look for unmodified relative
> paths, not unmodified absolute ones.

I agree regarding absolute paths.

For relative paths, I'm not convinced that it's all that useful to
look at the unmodified path.  (Doing so requires that you have your
cwd set correctly, right?)

Yes; I think that's not too unreasonable, though.  I can go either way
on this one; I believe it never comes up in GNU/Linux since the linker
fills in the full path in the link map.  Not 100% sure of that,
however.

> With those changes you would have to explicitly specify the path to
> DSOs in a cross debugger via solib-absolute-prefix and
> solib-search-path,

I think this would be good...

> and GDB would stop picking up the host libpthread.so
> and making gdbserver segfault...

...and this too!

This leaves only the question of "how".  I don't want to change the
behavior for a native debugger using the remote protocol; just for
non-native debuggers.  How should I check for this?  Using configury to
do it seems contrary to the direction gdbarch is going (i.e. a both
native and cross debugger in one binary).
This is a target environment thing?  So why not ask the target:

target_getenv()
	-> qGetenv:<STRING>
	<- value

Andrew