Re: using tracepoints function with both host and target on same computer

Daniel:

On Wed, Aug 07, 2002 at 11:01:50AM -0400, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> You don't do them in actual realtime, but neither do you wait for all
> of GDB to process the event; you receive the breakpoint, collect
> tracepoint data, and immediately resume without touching GDB's event
> loop.  It's a little slower than an in-application stub because it has
> to use ptrace to read memory/registers, but not substantially slower.

... except that I don't think you'd want to be doing that across a
9600bps remote link.  Or, you'd at least want to have the option not
to.

> If you need better, you have to link a stub into the application.  I
> think we've been investigating a library for that, but I don't know
> when/if it'll be available.

I'll take additions to gdbstubs.  :^)

I've set out on several occasions to make time to add this feature,
but somehow I keep getting distracted by other fires.  I'm now
available again, but I'm not currently in a position to do it gratis.

b.g.
--
Bill Gatliff
bgat@billgatliff.com