GDB usage when not installed by root

I have gdb running on Solaris 8 (built in 64 bit mode "-m64").  It is
installed in /usr/local/ by a specific non root account and group (example uid
- builder, group tester).  This is deliberately set up so that the external
application maintainers do not have to have root access on the corporate
servers.

When I run gdb against a test file in my home directory (as myself not
builder), the gdb seems to work correctly.  However, when another user (who is
not a member of the tester group) attempts to use gdb, it is unable to insert
a breakpoint on a test file that he has created and compiled himself in his
home directory.  He is also not able to insert the breakpoint in the test file
that I built in my home directory nor am I able to insert a breakpoint in the
test application that he built in his home area.

Is there a specific setting that I must use when installing gdb in order for
the breakpoint logic to work properly for all users?

Please respond directly to me as well as to the mailing list as I cannot
normally access the mailing list.

--
Said the fox to the fish, "Join me ashore".
 The fish are the Jews, Torah is our water

Hillel (Sabba) Markowitz - sabbahem@bcpl.net