Re: [patch, rfc] configure option for default value of solib-search-path

On Sat, Jul 13, 2002 at 04:21:49PM -0700, Dan Kegel wrote:
> In my cross-development environment, I need to type
>
> set solib-search-path
> /opt/hardhat/devkit/ppc/405/powerpc-hardhat-linux/lib:/opt/hardhat/devkit/ppc/405/powerpc-hardhat-linux/usr/lib:/opt/hardhat/devkit/ppc/405/target/lib:/opt/hardhat/devkit/ppc/405/target/usr/lib
>
> when I start gdb.  That's just a bit awkward; I'd prefer to have it default
> to the proper value, just like the Montavista version does.
>
> Here's a patch that lets you set the initial value of this patch at
> configure time.  I haven't sent in a copyright assignment, so this
> won't be accepted into the gdb tree, but I'd appreciate comments on
> whether this is the right approach.  If it is, I'll gladly get the
> copyright asignment paperwork going.
>
> (Note: after applying the patch, you need to run autoconf.)

I believe that this was rejected in the past, for reference.  I don't
remember why though.

(Also, it's almost certainly a solib-absolute-prefix of
/opt/hardhat/devkit/ppc/405/target that you want.  I don't know that
setting a search path will work properly when the filenames and full
paths of the libraries are available... might work, but if you actually
need any shared libraries outside of target/ your program is unlikely to run
on the target :)

Or are you putting unstripped versions in one and stripped in the
other?  That always makes me worry about library skew; I generally
strip the target libraries only after building a target image.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz                           Debian GNU/Linux Developer
MontaVista Software                         Carnegie Mellon University